Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sony’s Home still under construction

http://blogs.ft.com/techblog/2008/04/sonys-home-still-under-construction/

Sugu's Comment - Whenever I face the articles and advertisements about new game features, I'm so amazed with how these are different from what I have experienced in computer game. I'm not the person who adopts the new technology earlier than others. Even though, "Starcraft" was real boom in my school days, I didn't even played the game. However, games that I get to know these days from the articles are so different from what I thought. As long as I'm concerned with this field, the trend that global leading game providers are focusing on is somewhat different from what Korean game providers pursue. (Because I don't know anyting about this field, I can be very wrong.) More sophisticated and idea oriented games are leading the business, rather than just creating battle field in the virtual world. Some say that Korean game companies have been very successful. Actually I agree with that because I'm working in the same office building with "NCSoft", who is one of Korean leading game companies through "Leaneage" online game, and their new building was completed recently. Their financial success has been remarkable. However, this game has induced many side effects such as real money trading and violence in real world. What could be the main trend in the future?

No comments: