Sunday, June 15, 2008

Web Site Offers Insiders' Look at Major Employers

http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=033002QTCQO3


Sukgu's Comment - I think there has been a similar website in Korea for a long time. It is called "payopen" or something. I don't know if I'm right or not. The system was pretty same as what the article indicated. In order to signing up for the website, people have to open their salary first. And, there was the posting areas for the information about each companies. This website was used by job seekers. I don't know if this website is alive or not. Even though I don't see much help for the job seeking, at least this kind of information is helpful to address curiosty whether or not I'm paid properly. As a salary taker, open information about job and salary would be helpful to quote myself.

By providing free access to sensitive salary information and sometimes blunt reviews of companies, Glassdoor is bound to upset some employers, predicted Jupiter Research analyst Barry Parr. "I like the idea, but there is absolutely no question that some CEO is going to see something negative on the site and hit the roof," Parr said.

No comments: