Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Second Life Experience

Yesterday, I’ve spent 4 hours looking at people interacting in Second Life.
I’ve always refused to join this virtual world. and after yesterday, I still maintain my position.
But I got interested in the phenomenon so while the people in my class were shopping for clothes, dancing in a club or walking on a nude beach, I was reading the community standards and the Welcome Area Guidelines in Second Life. I’ve found some pretty disturbing things there:
In addition to the guidelines established in the Community Standards, the following guidelines apply in the Welcome Areas, and Help Island, where newcomers are just getting started:

No shooting, blood or violence.
No buying, selling, advertising, begging, or recruiting.
No sex, nudity, or offensive language.
No annoying, repetitive, or adult sounds.

To be continued... ^^

1 comment:

Gwangho, GO(고광호) said...

It seems to me that it isn't easy to enter in to the second life. Does anyone have problem with second life. I want to know more. The more we know about this, the better we experience this.